Status messageActive context: patient_care_menu
Ideas for Wrapping Gifts with Kids
- Bags with tissue paper are the easiest way to wrap oddly shaped or round items.
- Making their own wrapping paper, decorating paper bags or boxes are great ways to practice taking on and off marker caps and stabilizing the paper with their assisting hand while their dominant hand decorates.
- When using wrapping paper, use one-handed scissors to cut wrapping paper or use pre-cut sheets of paper instead of rolls.
- Place pre-cut tabs of tape on a table edge, use a wrist or hand-mounted tape dispenser on their assisting hand, or use a weighted tape dispenser on the tabletop.
- Tape one side of the wrapping paper to the middle of the box, then roll the box over on the paper until all 4 sides are covered, and secure with another piece of tape.
- You can help by pre-creasing the paper at the corners for them.
- Use the assisting hand to hold the box still while taping the two outer flaps on the side in to the middle. Then tape the bottom flap up and the top flap down. Again, you can help them with folding as needed. Repeat on the final side of the box.
- Patient Care Overview
- Diagnoses & Disorders
- Concerns & Symptoms
- Find a Specialist
- Patient Care Programs
- Patient Care Centers
- Departments & Medical Specialties
- Patient Care Laboratories
- Faculty & Staff
- For Patients & Families
- For Health Care Professionals
- Request an Appointment
- Online Bill Pay
Appointments & Referrals
Helping Hands: Constraint Induced Movement Therapy (CIMT) Blog
CIBT Hemiplegia Survey
WE NEED YOUR INPUT
We would like to make sure that we are meeting the needs of our families and children with hemiplegia.
In order to do that, we need your feedback. Please complete this brief, 10-question survey about services and resources available to you and your child.
News & Updates
FIND A SPECIALIST
Read inspiring stories, news and updates about the Institute's patient care, research, special education, professional training, and community programs.
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.