Partnerships: A Key to Person Centered Planning and Success in Transition
Kennedy Krieger Institute
3825 Greenspring Avenue
Bowles Building, 4th floor
Baltimore, MD 21211
About the Event:
TOPIC: Partnerships: A Key to Person Centered Planning and Success in Transition
Our speakers will be Gail Godwin, MA, Executive Director, and Mat Rice, Administrative Support Assistant, both from Shared Support Maryland, Inc.
Their presentation will include:
- an overview of person centered planning and how it affects and strengthens both the high school and adult services transition processes;
- connecting families to adult service agencies before a student leaves high school;
- fostering positive working relationships between families and professionals;
- providing a way for educators and case managers from other agencies to better coordinate their services;
- helping ensure that services support the youth’s goals and lead to successful outcomes; and
- helping identify and cultivate natural supports in the community.
DATE: Wednesday, October 23, 2013
TIME: 7 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
Lecture is free, and free parking is available. Snacks and beverages will be provided.
We hope you can join us to learn more about Person Centered Planning and the many ways it can help youth and young adults with special health care needs, as they prepare for the future.
The Adolescent Transition Lectures are a series of presentations and web conferences designed to educate individuals with disabilities, parents, clinicians and community providers about issues important to adolescents and young adults with disabilities approaching adulthood. The lectures are intended to provoke and facilitate discussion.
Supported by: Maryland DHMH Office for Genetics and People with Special Health Care Needs, and the Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities at Kennedy Krieger Institute.
For More Information:
Register for this lecture by visiting the event website.
Please share this information with anyone you think might have an interest in the Adolescent Transition Lecture Series.
- About Us
- History and Timeline
- Institute Departments
- Institute Centers
- Institute Programs
- Faculty & Staff
- For Patients & Families
- Inspiring Stories
- For Health Care Professionals
- Institute News & Updates
- Resources for Reporters
- Institute Publications
- Stay Connected
- Events & Education
- Support Our Work
- Locations & Directions
- Other Important Information
News & Updates
Read inspiring stories, news and updates about the Institute's patient care, research, special education, professional training, and community programs.
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.