Toileting in Children with Autism Spectrum Disorders
Kennedy Krieger Institute
3901 Greenspring Avenue
Third Floor Large Conference Room
Baltimore, MD 21211
About the Event:
Although toilet training is an important milestone in development, many children with autism spectrum disorders have difficulty learning this life skill due to the unique challenges that this disorder presents. Toilet training steps will be presented and discusses in the framework of an autism spectrum disorder.
This is a FREE training for parents, family members, and professionals.
About the Presenter:
Steven Lindauer, PhD, received his doctoral degree in child and developmental psychology from the University of Kansas in 2002. He is a licensed psychologist in the state of Maryland and specializes in working with children who have been diagnosed with autism spectrum disorders that display behavioral difficulties. He is the assistant director of the Pediatric Developmental Disorders Clinic at Kennedy Krieger Institute and an assistant professor of psychiatry at the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine. Dr. Lindauer has worked with children with developmental concerns and behavioral difficulties for more than 15 years. In addition, he has written several journal articles on behavioral difficulties and has presented numerous times on the topic of children with behavioral issues at professional conferences.
You must register prior to attending this event. To register, please visit the event web site.
- Patient Care Overview
- Diagnoses & Disorders
- Concerns & Symptoms
- Find a Specialist
- Patient Care Programs
- Patient Care Centers
- Departments & Medical Specialties
- Patient Care Laboratories
- Faculty & Staff
- For Patients & Families
- For Health Care Professionals
- Request an Appointment
- Online Bill Pay
- Community Programs
- Child and Family Support Program
- Community Rehabilitation Program
- Family Center Community Programs
- Family Support Services
- Physically Challenged Sports & Recreation Program
- PACT: Specialized Child Care and Family Support
- Southeast Baltimore Early Headstart
- Specialized Health Needs Interagency Collaboration
- Therapeutic Foster Care
- Adaptive Sports Program
- Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Inspiring Stories
- Professional Training Overview
- Professional Training Programs
- Training Disciplines
- Professional Training Faculty
- Training Affiliations
- Training, Technical Assistance, Dissemination
Appointments & Referrals
News & Updates
FIND A SPECIALIST
Read inspiring stories, news and updates about the Institute's patient care, research, special education, professional training, and community programs.
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.