Pharmacotherapy of Co-Occurring Conditions in Autism Spectrum Disorder
Kennedy Krieger Institute
3901 Greenspring Avenue
Third Floor, Large Conference Room
Baltimore, MD 21211
ABOUT THE EVENT:
This session will review the indications for prescribing psychiatric medications to treat symptoms such as hyperactivity, inattention, aggression, and anxiety in children with autism spectrum disorder. The presentation will cover the basic classes of medications prescribed including their efficacy and side effects.
Presenter:Roma Vasa, MD
Director, Center for Autism and Related Disorders; Professor, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, The Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.
Dr. Vasa is a child and adolescent psychiatrist at the Center for Autism and Related Disorders. She has been treating children with developmental disabilities for 15 years. Her research focuses on the phenotype and underpinnings of anxiety in children with and without autism spectrum disorder.
This is a FREE training for parents, family members, and professionals. Registration is required.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
For more information, or to register for this event, please visit the event web site.
- Patient Care Overview
- Diagnoses & Disorders
- Concerns & Symptoms
- Find a Specialist
- Patient Care Programs
- Patient Care Centers
- Departments & Medical Specialties
- Patient Care Laboratories
- Faculty & Staff
- For Patients & Families
- For Health Care Professionals
- Request an Appointment
- Online Bill Pay
- Community Programs
- Child and Family Support Program
- Community Rehabilitation Program
- Family Center Community Programs
- Family Support Services
- Physically Challenged Sports & Recreation Program
- PACT: Specialized Child Care and Family Support
- Southeast Baltimore Early Headstart
- Specialized Health Needs Interagency Collaboration
- Therapeutic Foster Care
- Adaptive Sports Program
- Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Inspiring Stories
- Professional Training Overview
- Professional Training Programs
- Training Disciplines
- Professional Training Faculty
- Training Affiliations
- Training, Technical Assistance, Dissemination
Appointments & Referrals
News & Updates
FIND A SPECIALIST
Read inspiring stories, news and updates about the Institute's patient care, research, special education, professional training, and community programs.
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.