How Do Students with Disabilities Achieve Success When School is Over? An Honest Dialogue and Strategies to Make it Work
Kennedy Krieger High School
3825 Greenspring Avenue
Bowles Board Room (Fourth Floor)
Baltimore, MD 21211
About the Event:
This presentation will review the challenges that students and families face as they prepare to leave the special education system and enter the adult world. The discussion will include strategies on how to plan ahead in order to get desired outcomes. This session will also include co-presenters (students and family members) who are participating in the transition process.
This event is a FREE training for parents, family members, and professionals.
About the Presenter:
Charles Durgin, MS, MSEd, is a graduate of SUNY-Albany (Special Education) and Johns Hopkins (Educational Studies). He works at the Kennedy Krieger Institute High School, focusing on transition, and is an adjunct professor at George Washington University.
You must register prior to attending this event. To register, please visit the event web site.
- Patient Care Overview
- Diagnoses & Disorders
- Concerns & Symptoms
- Find a Specialist
- Patient Care Programs
- Patient Care Centers
- Departments & Medical Specialties
- Patient Care Laboratories
- Faculty & Staff
- For Patients & Families
- For Health Care Professionals
- Request an Appointment
- Online Bill Pay
- Community Programs
- Child and Family Support Program
- Community Rehabilitation Program
- Family Center Community Programs
- Family Support Services
- Physically Challenged Sports & Recreation Program
- PACT: Specialized Child Care and Family Support
- Southeast Baltimore Early Headstart
- Specialized Health Needs Interagency Collaboration
- Therapeutic Foster Care
- Adaptive Sports Program
- Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Inspiring Stories
- Professional Training Overview
- Professional Training Programs
- Training Disciplines
- Professional Training Faculty
- Training Affiliations
- Training, Technical Assistance, Dissemination
Appointments & Referrals
News & Updates
FIND A SPECIALIST
Read inspiring stories, news and updates about the Institute's patient care, research, special education, professional training, and community programs.
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.