Status messageActive context: kki_bg_colors_green
Specific Health Issues: Nebulizer -- SHNIC School Nurses Information
- Reason why student requires nebulizer treatments.
- Any activity limitations.
- Baseline lung sounds, color, rate and peak flow parameters.
- Medication knowledge and protective measures.
- Any allergens that might be triggers for asthma attack.
- Student's knowledge of nebulizer treatments, as well as early signs and symptoms of distress.
- Does student miss school because of respiratory distress?
- Peak flow guidelines.
- Need for chest PT, as well as timed nebulizer treatments.
- Response of treatments.
- Emergency protocols and guidelines.
- Training of staff regarding signs and symptoms of respiratory distress.
- Community Programs
- Child and Family Support Program
- Community Rehabilitation Program
- Family Center Community Programs
- Family Support Services
- Physically Challenged Sports & Recreation Program
- PACT: Specialized Child Care and Family Support
- Southeast Baltimore Early Headstart
- Specialized Health Needs Interagency Collaboration
- Therapeutic Foster Care
- Adaptive Sports Program
- Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Inspiring Stories
News & Updates
Read inspiring stories, news and updates about the Institute's patient care, research, special education, professional training, and community programs.
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.