Status messageActive context: kki_bg_colors_green
Specific Health Issues: Colostomy -- SHNIC School Nurses Information
- Reason for colostomy.
- Bowel habits of the student's colostomy, including color, consistency and whether or not irrigations are performed at home.
- Size of stoma.
- How often is the bag changed?
- Any dietary limitations.
- What does the skin look like around the stoma?
- Do you have all equipment necessary to change a bag?
- Do you know the steps required to change the bag?
- Do you have orders of what to do if there is a complication of the stoma?
- Have you assessed your student in what his or her role is when caring for the colostomy?
- Community Programs
- Child and Family Support Program
- Community Rehabilitation Program
- Family Center Community Programs
- Family Support Services
- Physically Challenged Sports & Recreation Program
- PACT: Specialized Child Care and Family Support
- Southeast Baltimore Early Headstart
- Specialized Health Needs Interagency Collaboration
- Therapeutic Foster Care
- Adaptive Sports Program
- Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Inspiring Stories
News & Updates
Read inspiring stories, news and updates about the Institute's patient care, research, special education, professional training, and community programs.
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.