Status messageActive context: kki_bg_colors_green
Children's Books About Blindness/Visual Impairments -- SHNIC Information for Families
A Cane in Her Hand by Ada B. Litchfield. Albert Whitman and Company, 1977.
Braille for the Sighted by Jane Schneider and Kathy Kifer. Garlic Press, 1998.
Brian's Bird by Patricia A. Davis. Albert Whitman and Company, 2000.
Kids Explore the Gifts of Children with Special Needs. John Muir Publications, 1994. (one section written by a child who is blind)
See You Tomorrow by Charles by Miriam Cohen. Bantam Doubleday Bell Publishing Group, Inc. 1983.
Seeing Things My Way by Alden R. Carter. Albert Whitman and Company, 1998.
The Secret Code by Dana Meachen Rau. Children’s Press, 1998.
We Can Do It! by Laura Dwight. Checkerboard Press, 1992. (one section on a child who is blind)
- Community Programs
- Child and Family Support Program
- Community Rehabilitation Program
- Family Center Community Programs
- Family Support Services
- Physically Challenged Sports & Recreation Program
- PACT: Specialized Child Care and Family Support
- Southeast Baltimore Early Headstart
- Specialized Health Needs Interagency Collaboration
- Therapeutic Foster Care
- Adaptive Sports Program
- Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Inspiring Stories
News & Updates
Read inspiring stories, news and updates about the Institute's patient care, research, special education, professional training, and community programs.
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.