Status messageActive context: kki_bg_colors_green
Creating a Roadmap: What do people with developmental disabilities need and how do we get there?
Throughout the month of June, the Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities (MCDD) at Kennedy Krieger Institute will be holding community forums to get input from people with developmental disabilities, their families, professionals, providers, and advocates about the service and support needs of people with developmental disabilities in Maryland. These forums are part of MCDD’s comprehensive needs assessment process which includes:
Survey of needs (available in both web-based and paper formats):
Click here to view the survey, or contact MCDD to receive a paper copy
- Focus groups
- Structured interviews with key stakeholders
- Follow-up forum in Baltimore city
- Analysis of data from external sources relevant to people with developmental disabilities in Maryland
In partnership with the Maryland Developmental Disabilities Council (DDC), the Maryland Disability Law Center (MDLC), People on the Go, Maryland Developmental Disabilities Administration (DDA), and many other agencies, the needs assessment process will help MCDD and our partners to plan for services and systems changes. It will also provide the foundation for MCDD’s new direction and commitment to developing leadership in Maryland. This needs assessment process is unique among UCEDDs across the country and strives to provide a framework for future comprehensive assessment and evaluation processes.
Below is the schedule for the community forums. Registration is not required. If you have any questions, please contact Aisha Mason, administrative coordinator at 443-923-9555 or by email at email@example.com.
If you have any special accommodations needs, please call us in advance so that we can make arrangements.
We look forward to so many helpful suggestions and insights.
Community Forums Dates
- June 1: Dove Pointe, 1225 Mt. Hermon Road, Salisbury, Md. 21804
- June 2: Chesapeake College, room HEC 110, Routes 50 and 213, Wye Mills, Md. 21679
- June 8: Allegany College, Room CE 12-14, 12401 Willow Brook Road, Cumberland, Md. 21502
- June 9: Urbana Library, 9020 Amelung Street, Frederick, Md. 21704
- June 20: Perry Hall Library, 9685 Honeygo Blvd., Perry Hall, Md. 21128
- June 21: The Meeting House, 5885 Robert Oliver Place, Columbia, Md. 21045
- June 28: Bowie Library, 15210 Annapolis Blvd., Bowie, Md. 20715
- June 29: Spring Dell Center, 6040 Radio Station Road, La Plata, Md. 20646
MCDD News & Updates
Passage of the Equal Employment Act:
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.