Status messageActive context: kki_bg_colors_green
Specialized Health Needs Interagency Collaboration (SHNIC): Information for Families
Children's Books About Disabilities and Differences:
Click on a selected category below to see a list of recommended books.
- Blindness/Visual Impairments
- Brain Injury
- Cerebral Palsy
- Communication Difficulties
- Down Syndrome
- Medical Issues
- Muscular Dystrophy
- Physical Disabilities
- Spina Bifida
- Spinal Cord Injury
Click on the links below to download educational guides to share with your family.
Related Materials and Information
- Community Programs
- Child and Family Support Program
- Community Rehabilitation Program
- Family Center Community Programs
- Family Support Services
- Physically Challenged Sports & Recreation Program
- PACT: Specialized Child Care and Family Support
- Southeast Baltimore Early Headstart
- Specialized Health Needs Interagency Collaboration
- Therapeutic Foster Care
- Adaptive Sports Program
- Maryland Center for Developmental Disabilities
- Inspiring Stories
News & Updates
Read inspiring stories, news and updates about the Institute's patient care, research, special education, professional training, and community programs.
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.