- Sep28, 2019
8 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Building - 8th Floor
1741 Ashland Avenue
Baltimore, MD 21205
Sponsored by Kennedy Krieger Institute and the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
Join us at “Management of Chronic Pain in Children and Adolescents,” a one-day conference focusing on recent advances in treating pain in children and adolescents. The conference will provide attendees with a better understanding of this complex issue.
The keynote speaker will be Neil Schechter, MD, Director of the Chronic Pain Clinic at Boston Children’s Hospital.
Expert practitioners in the treatment of pediatric pain will provide insight into the following topics:
- Differences in the medical management of acute and chronic pain in children and adolescents
- Psychological aspects of children with chronic pain
- Management of chronic pediatric pain in the school setting
- Managing anxiety and depression in children with chronic pain
- The rehabilitation model for treating chronic pain (panel discussion)
Who Should Attend Physicians and healthcare professionals who seek to learn the latest developments in pediatric pain medicine, including pediatricians, school nurses, interventional pain specialists, physical medicine and rehabilitation specialists, primary care physicians, psychologists, physician assistants, nurse practitioners, residents and fellows.
Cost is only $25 and continuing education credits will be offered.