Road Closures Near 801 Broadway Parking Garage
News & Updates
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
Social Work Premasters Training
The Kennedy Krieger Institute Department of Social Work offers field placement opportunities to advanced social work graduate trainees. We are currently accepting students from the following graduate schools accredited by the Council of Social Work Education:
- University of Maryland, Baltimore School of Social Work
- Morgan State University
All field instructors are licensed in Maryland as Licensed Certified Social Workers-Clinical.
Training opportunities include work with children, adolescents, and adults who have neurodevelopmental disabilities and their families. Clients that trainees may work with may have diagnoses including, but not limited to, intellectual disability, cerebral palsy, spina bifida, seizure disorders, head and spinal cord injuries, and learning disabilities.
Settings for learning may include:
- Kennedy Krieger High School
- Pediatric Rehabilitation Unit
- Neurobehavioral Unit
- Social Work Outpatient Mental Health Program
- Child and Family Support Program
- Core Course – weekly, curriculum related to neurodevelopmental disabilities and related disorders, with trainees from many disciplines
- Social Work Trainee Seminar - weekly, with fellow social work trainees
- Clinical Rounds – weekly, program-specific
- Observations – across programs, disciplines, and medical conditions
- Supervision – weekly with field instructor
- Emphasis on leadership development and interdisciplinary practice
All students must apply for placement through their university.
For additional questions, please contact:
Megan Mayforth, MSW, LCSW-C