Road Closures Near 801 Broadway Parking Garage
Effective June 18, 2014 - Turn onto Ashland Ave from Broadway, to access the Kennedy Krieger parking garage. Please allow more time for travel to appointments.
Detour Route and more information.
News & Updates
Find A Specialist
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
What to Bring for Your Child
Children can wear their own clothes instead of hospital gowns. We provide basic toiletries for children, including a toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shampoo, lotions, deodorant, powder, mouthwash, and diapers. We allow battery-operated music players and video game systems, and we have DVDs for children to use. All personal items should be clearly labeled using a permanent marker with your child's name. Kennedy Krieger cannot assume responsibility for any lost or damaged belongings. For safety reasons, we will need to inspect any electrical items brought from home.
- Clothing may include:
- 6 to 8 sets of comfortable clothes
- 2 to 3 sets of nightclothes
- 10 to 12 pairs of underwear
- 10 to 12 pairs of socks
- 2 pairs of shoes (no open-toes)
- 1 pair of slippers
- A favorite stuffed animal, blanket, toy, game, or DVD
- Photos of family and friends or other items to personalize your child's room
- Schoolwork, including textbooks and assignments
- Hair products and accessories
- A car seat, if needed. Maryland law requires children 8 years and younger to always sit in a car or booster seat while on the road.
Medical and Legal Items:
- Your child's immunization and medical records
- All insurance information
- Copies of your insurance card
- Names, phone numbers, and addresses of current doctors or therapists
- All legal papers, such as birth certificates, Social Security card, and pertinent court documents, such as custody papers, surrogacy, and education plans, etc.
- A current list or empty containers of all prescription and over the counter medications, herbal remedies, and vitamins, with labeled dosage and frequency information
- Special assistive equipment, such as braces, wheelchairs, seating inserts, splints, helmets, eyeglasses, and hearing aids
What Not to Bring:
Certain items are not allowed, including:
- Any medicines, unless otherwise instructed
- Valuables or sentimental items
- Humidifiers and vaporizers
- Inflatable beds
- Coffee pots
- Hot plates
- Curling and straightening irons