Road Closures Near 801 Broadway Parking Garage
Appointments & Referrals
News & Updates
Find A Specialist
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
For Our Parents and Caregivers
Guest Services: We are committed to making your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Our Guest Relations Department organizes and plans outings and special events for inpatient parents and caregivers, and also provides support and activities so you can take a break, relax, and recharge. A guest relations representative is available to assist you during your stay and can be reached at (443) 923-2640.
Parent Lounge: Located on the third floor, our parent lounge includes a microwave, refrigerator, and seating area for your convenience. A bathroom, shower, and computer with internet access are also available. The parent lounge is open 24 hours a day, however, this area is for adults only and is not a sleeping area. The door access code is provided by nursing staff upon admission.
Seated Massage: Complimentary 10-minute seated massages are offered each week to parents and caregivers. A sign-up sheet is located in the parent lounge.
The above services are offered during times when supervised programming is provided for your child.
Staying Overnight with Your Child: A parent can room with his or her child on most inpatient units. Because of space limitations, only one parent or legal guardian per child may spend the night at any given time.
- Parents who choose to room-in should arrive before their child's bedtime.
- Chair-beds are provided and must be made daily by the parent by 9:00 a.m.
- For safety reasons, parents cannot sleep in their child's hospital bed or crib, and children cannot sleep in the chair-bed with their parent.
- Because children begin their daily activities early, parent must rise and dress by 7:00 a.m.
- Parents are encouraged to participate in their child's daily activities.
- Shower facilities are available. Parents should bring their own toiletries.
- Linens and towels are provided.
- All TV sets (except in the parent lounge) must be turned off no later than 10:00 p.m. to ensure children receive proper rest.
- For infection control purposes, parents who are ill will be asked to make alternative arrangements.
Meal Service for Parents: For a small fee, Kennedy Krieger will provide meals for parents who choose to room-in. If you are interested in this service, please inform your nurse or call Guest Relations at (443) 923-2640 at the time of your child's admission. There are also nearby restaurants, including several eateries within the nearby Johns Hopkins campus.