News & Updates
Potential magazine informs readers about the latest institute news and advances in research, patient care, special education, and community programs.
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
Experts to Discuss Latest Advancements in Intervention and Treatment Strategies Across the Lifespan of Individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders
BALTIMORE, MD -- Distinguished researchers, clinicians, and medical professionals will gather on October 20th and 21st to share recent findings and information on autism, a complex, life-altering, developmental disorder affecting 1 in every 110 children. This two-day conference, hosted by Kennedy Krieger Institute will provide a comprehensive view of autism spectrum disorders (ASD), including evidence-based early intervention approaches and strategies.
Through a variety of presentations, participants will learn about the latest advancements and identify a variety of approaches and techniques to address developmental challenges faced throughout the lifespan of individuals with ASD.
Conference Details -- Autism Through the Lifespan
Who: Parents, physicians, educators, speech-language pathologists, occupational therapists, psychologists, policy makers, and social workers.
When: October 20 & 21, 8am - 4pm
Where: Crowne Plaza Hotel, Timonium, MD
- Rebecca Landa, PhD, CCC-SLP, Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Peter Gerhardt, EdD, McCarton School in New York City
- Jennifer Accardo, MD, Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Joanne Cafiero, PhD, Cafiero Communications
- Cissy Carter, MEd, SLP and Autism Consultant
- Stewart Mostofsky, MD, Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Julianne Perretta, MSEd, RRT-NPS, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine
- Kathleen Quill, PhD, Autism Institute
- Patrick Schwarz, PhD, Professor, Diversity in Learning and Teaching at National-Louis University
- Maureen Van Stone, ESQ., MS, Project HEAL at Kennedy Krieger Institute
- Zosia Zaks, MS, MEd, CRC, Zaks Autism Consulting
For public information and registration: www.AutismConference.KennedyKrieger.org.
About the Kennedy Krieger Institute:
Internationally recognized for improving the lives of children and adolescents with disorders and injuries of the brain and spinal cord, the Kennedy Krieger Institute in Baltimore, MD serves more than 16,000 individuals each year through inpatient and outpatient clinics, home and community services and school-based programs. Kennedy Krieger provides a wide range of services for children with developmental concerns mild to severe, and is home to a team of investigators who are contributing to the understanding of how disorders develop while pioneering new interventions and earlier diagnosis. For more information on Kennedy Krieger Institute, visit www.kennedykrieger.org.