News & Updates
Find A Specialist
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
In September 2005, Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (MVLS) partnered with Kennedy Krieger Institute to create Project HEAL. The project serves as a bridge among advocates, attorneys, doctors, social workers, educators and health care advocates, enabling them to work together for the benefit of children and adolescents needing both legal and medical assistance.
Project HEAL provides access to advocacy and legal services for families and children with developmental disabilities who receive services at Kennedy Krieger. An attorney from Project HEAL acts as a member of the treatment team, working with the family and Kennedy Krieger healthcare professionals and educators to ensure that patients receive the medical, legal, and educational assistance they need. Project HEAL provides legal representation for patients and families throughout Maryland in special education, family law, public benefits, and housing cases. The project also offers limited representation, case consultations, and advocacy training programs for Kennedy Krieger healthcare professionals, educators, and families.
For More Information:
Read the Project HEAL Leaflet
Frequently Asked Questions about Special Education
Special Education Sample Letters:
- Special Education Sample Letter Requesting an Evaluation
- Special Education Sample Letter Requesting a Re-evaluation
- Special Education Sample Letter Requesting an Independent Evaluation
- Special Education Sample Letter Requesting an Individualized Education Program (IEP) Meeting
- Request for Mediation and Due Process Complaint
- Bullying, Harrassment, or Intimidation Reporting Form
- City Schools Parents Guide to Section 504
- Facilitated IEP Meetings in Maryland
- Frequently Asked Questions about Special Education State Complaints
- Free or Low Cost Assistance for Special Education Disputes
- IDEA Dispute Resolution Chart
- Maryland Special Education Lawyers Referral List
- Maryland's Assessments Chart
- MLSC Income Eligibility Guidelines
- MSDE: A Guide to Parents of Students with Disabilities
- MSDE Complaint Form
- MSDE Complaint Resolution Procedures
- Project HEAL Outline of the Maryland Online IEP
- Maryland Learning Links: Outstanding new resource for children, families, clinicians, and advocates regarding special education.