News & Updates
March 17, 2014 (All day)
March 17, 2014 - 8:00am
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
Submitted by admin on June 23, 2011 - 3:08pm
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
Specific Health Issues: Tube Feeder -- SHNIC School Nurses Information
- Diagnosis of why child is being tube fed.
- Type of tube feeding mechcanism: GT, JT, GT/JT, Mickey, etc.
- Size of tube.
- Type of tube feeding with flush orders, and how feeding is to be delivered (i.e., bolus, pump, etc.)
- Orders regarding what to do if tube falls out.
- Child should have equipment if tube feeding falls out, so that tube can be replaced.
- Does child require oral stimulation by OT? Should child have teeth brushed while at school?