News & Updates
May 14, 2013
May 27, 2013 - 12:00pm
May 28, 2013 - 6:00pm
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
Submitted by admin on June 23, 2011 - 3:08pm
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
Specific Health Issues: Nebulizer -- SHNIC School Nurses Information
- Reason why student requires nebulizer treatments.
- Any activity limitations.
- Baseline lung sounds, color, rate and peak flow parameters.
- Medication knowledge and protective measures.
- Any allergens that might be triggers for asthma attack.
- Student's knowledge of nebulizer treatments, as well as early signs and symptoms of distress.
- Does student miss school because of respiratory distress?
- Peak flow guidelines.
- Need for chest PT, as well as timed nebulizer treatments.
- Response of treatments.
- Emergency protocols and guidelines.
- Training of staff regarding signs and symptoms of respiratory distress.