News & Updates
March 12, 2014 - 12:00pm
March 12, 2014 - 6:30pm
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
Submitted by admin on June 23, 2011 - 3:08pm
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
Specific Health Issues: Ileostomy -- SHNIC School Nurses Information
- Reason for ileostomy, including how long the student has had one.
- What is the student's ability to perform self-care?
- Baseline status of ileostomy (consistency, color, frequency, as well as skin around stoma)
- Is a special diet required?
- Access to bathroom with access to their supplies.
- Is the student on any medications that might change the bowel regime?
- Does the student have a latex allergy?
- Emergency precautions, including Universal Precautions.
- Restrictions regarding any physical activity?