News & Updates
June 22, 2013 (All day)
June 22, 2013 - 11:00am
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
Submitted by admin on June 23, 2011 - 3:08pm
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
Specific Health Issues: Diabetes -- SHNIC School Nurses Information
- Diagnosis and onset of disease.
- Type of insulin student is receiving, including how often and how much insulin is needed.
- When blood sugars are to be checked, along with guidelines if there is coverage.
- How many calories the child should be on for diet.
- Any safety concerns or activity limitations.
- What to give if student has a hypoglycemic occurrence.
- Emergency number of who to contact.
- Guidelines for teaching child if appropriate.
- View New Trends in Diabetes Presentation (See PDF Below).