News & Updates
Potential magazine informs readers about the latest institute news and advances in research, patient care, special education, and community programs.
Resource Finder at Kennedy Krieger Institute
A free resource that provides access to information and support for individuals and families living with developmental disabilities.
Project HEAL at Kennedy Krieger Institute is a partnership between the Maryland Volunteer Lawyers Service (MVLS) and Kennedy Krieger Institute (KKI). The Project Director is an MVLS employee.
Created in 1981, MVLS is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide quality civil legal services to people in need. MVLS matches experienced professional lawyers with people who need legal help.
Established in 1937, Kennedy Krieger Institute is an internationally recognized institution that is dedicated to improving the lives of children and adolescents with pediatric developmental disabilities through patient care, special education, research and professional training.
Beginning in September 2005, MVLS partnered with Kennedy Krieger Institute to create Project HEAL. The project serves as a bridge among advocates, attorneys, doctors, social workers, educators and health care advocates, enabling them to work together for the benefit of children and adolescents needing both legal and medical assistance.
For More Information:
Read Project Heal Brochure
Frequently Asked Questions about Special Education
Special Education Sample Letters:
- Special Education Sample Letter Requesting an Evaluation
- Special Education Sample Letter Requesting a Re-evaluation
- Special Education Sample Letter Requesting an Independent Evaluation
- Special Education Sample Letter Requesting an Individualized Education Program (IEP) Meeting
- Request for Mediation and Due Process Complaint
- Bullying, Harrassment, or Intimidation Reporting Form
- City Schools Parents Guide to Section 504
- Facilitated IEP Meetings in Maryland
- Frequently Asked Questions about Special Education State Complaints
- Free or Low Cost Assistance for Special Education Disputes
- IDEA Dispute Resolution Chart
- Maryland Special Education Lawyers Referral List
- Maryland's Assessments Chart
- MLSC Income Eligibility Guidelines
- MSDE: A Guide to Parents of Students with Disabilities
- MSDE Complaint Form
- MSDE Complaint Resolution Procedures
- Project HEAL outline of the Maryland online IEP
- Maryland Learning Links: Outstanding new resource for children, families, clinicians, and advocates regarding all things special education.